If you are looking for free video editing software for your Windows computer, the Shotcut Video Editor could definitely be a solution for you. The Shotcut is an open-source and free video editor for Windows operating systems. It is a cross-platform software that’s also available for Linux and Mac operating systems. Shotcut is one of the best free video editing software for windows that allows you to perform various editing tasks such as video editing, adding effects to video, making movies, create slide shows by importing most image file formats, and much more. You can download Shotcut for Windows 10, 8, and Windows 7 (64 bit) free here.
Get Shotcut latest Offline Installer Setup free for Windows now using the link listed at the bottom of this page from its official website.
About Shotcut Free Video Editor
Shotcut is a simple but comprehensive and effective video editor that has a smooth interface and a variety of tools, features that a video editing app should have. Major features such as supports most types of video formats including 4K video quality, no import required meaning native timeline editing; Blackmagic Design support for input and preview monitoring, etc.
With a wide range of essential features, Shotcut lets you edit your videos very easily. It supports a variety of audio and video codecs, several image formats, frame-accurate, multi-format editing timelines, import via drag and drop, webcam capture, audio capture, volume control, network stream playback, encode/transcode to many formats and codecs, batch encoding, and many more.
Features of Shotcut:
Video Editing Features:
- Shotcut allows user trimming on source clip player or timeline with ripple option.
- It has an easy-to-use cut, copy, and paste operations.
- It lets you append, insert a clip, overwrite, lift, and ripple delete editing on the timeline.
- You can hide, mute, and lock track controls.
- Multitrack timeline with thumbnails and waveforms.
- Shotcut video editor allows unlimited undo and redo for playlist edits including a history view.
- Create, play, edit, save, load, encode, and stream MLT XML projects (with auto-save).
- Save and load trimmed clip as MLT XML file.
- Load and play complex MLT XML files as a clip.
- Drag-n-drop files from the file manager.
- Scrubbing and transport control.
- Keyframes for filter parameters.
- Detach or unlink audio from the video clip.
- Presets for most filters and Export – both supplied and user-created.
- Sort playlist by name or creation/recording date.
- Multi-select items in the playlist and timeline
Wide Range of Video Format Support:
Shotcut supports hundreds of audio and video formats and codecs. No import is required which means native editing, plus multi-format timelines, resolutions, and frame rates within a project. Frame accurate seeking supported for many video formats.
- It supports the latest audio and video formats.
- Supports popular image formats such as BMP, GIF, JPEG, PNG, SVG, TGA, TIFF, WebP as well as image sequences
- No import required – native timeline editing
- Frame-accurate seeking for many formats
- Different types of video filters
- Multi-format timeline: mix and match resolutions and frame-rates within a project
- Webcam capture
- Audio capture
- Support for 4K resolutions
- Frei0r video generator plugins (e.g. color bars and plasma)
- Color, text, noise, and counter generators
- Export single frame as an image or video as an image sequence
- Videos files with alpha channel – both reading and writing
Audio Features of Shotcut:
- Audio scopes: loudness, peak meter, waveform, spectrum analyzer
- Volume control
- Audio filters: Balance, Bass & Treble, Band Pass, Compressor, Copy Channel, Delay, Downmix, Expander, Gain, High Pass, Limiter, Low Pass, Noise Gate, Normalize: One Pass and Normalize: Two Pass, Notch, Pan, Reverb, Swap Channels.
- Audio mixing across all tracks
- Fade in and out the audio and fade video from and to black with easy-to-use fader controls on the timeline
- Cross-fade audio and video dissolve transitions easily by overlapping shots on the same track of the timeline
- JACK transport sync
- Tone generator
- Stereo, mono, and 5.1 surround
Device and Transport Options:
Blackmagic Design SDI and HDMI for input and preview monitoring. Screen, webcam, and audio capture. Network stream playback. Supports resolutions up to 4k and captures from SDI, HDMI, webcam, JACK & Pulse audio, IP stream, X11 screen, and Windows DirectShow devices.
Shotcut video editor has multiple dockable and undockable panels, including detailed media properties, recent files with search, playlist with thumbnail view, filter panel, history view, encoding panel, jobs queue, and melted server and playlist. It also supports the drag-n-drop of assets from the file manager.
Technical Details of Shotcut:
- Name: Shotcut
- Developer: Meltytech, LLC.
- Website: shotcut.org
- Category: Multimedia/Video Editor
- Version: 21.09.20 (Latest Stable Version)
- Installer Type: Standalone offline installer
- OS Support: Windows 10,8, and 7- 64-bit only
- Size: —
- Updated on: 05 October 2021
Download Shotcut for Windows:
Download for Windows 64 bit, Size 79.3 MB, Latest version
Download for Windows 32 bit, Size 80.4 MB, Version: 20.09
You can download Shotcut for Mac OS here.
Shotcut 32-bit and 64-bit: Which one you need:
There are both 32 bit and 64-bit versions of Shotcut are available differently. The 64-bit version installer is for 64-bit Windows and another is for 32-bit Windows system. But, in 2020 the developers have discontinued the 32-bit version of this software. After September 2020, there are no new updates for Shotcut 32-bit version. The latest version of Shotcut is now only available for Windows 64-bit PC. If you have a 32-bit Windows computer system, then you need to download the Shotcut 32-bit, version 20.09.27 as it is the last version of this free video editor for Windows 32-bit systems.