OBS Studio is one of the best and most amazingly powerful free software for live streaming and screen recording. It is also known as Open Broadcaster Software. It is an open-source desktop screen recording and streaming program that can capture anything that runs on the computer monitor. Using OBS Studio, you can record high-quality video and audio.
OBS Studio download 64-bit for Windows is also capable of streaming your computer screen. OBS Studio 64-bit is designed for capturing, recording, compositing, encoding, and streaming video content, very efficiently. It is a multi-platform application available for Windows, Mac, and Linux OS.
Is OBS Screen Recorder free?
OBS Studio download 64-bit is an open-source and 100% free desktop screen-recording application available for multiple operating systems such as Windows 64-bit and 32-bit, Mac OS, and Linux. This free screen recorder also lets you stream your desktop content like presentations, videos, and video games with sound. It is distributed under the GNU General Public License v2 (or any later version) so that everyone can use this for free without any license. Free download OBS Studio and start recording and streaming quickly and easily also control your stream on your Windows computer and other supported platforms.
It is equipped with a powerful API, enabling plugins and scripts to provide further customization and functionality according to your needs. You can utilize native plugins for high-performance integrations or scripts written with Lua or Python that interface with existing sources. The latest version OBS Studio download link is listed at the bottom of this page.
Usage of OBS Studio:
If you are very keen on video games and want to stream your live game on YouTube, then OBS Studio is the best screen recorder for you. Unlike most other screen capture software, you don’t need to buy a license to use the app. Also, it never applies any watermark to the output videos.
It supports both streaming and recording in high definition, there is no restriction on the number or length of your compositions. You can live stream on YouTube gaming, you can save the projects so that you can edit them later, or you can save the video on your PC in FLV format. OBS Studio can capture any games running in full-screen mode as it records directly from the graphics card of your PC.
It also lets you capture a portion of your PC screen. It can record videos at 60FPS or even higher FPS. That’s why this is a popular screen recording software the best and most powerful desktop screen recorder for gamers.
OBS Studio version 30.0:
OBS Studio 30.0 offers the following new features:
- Added WHIP/WebRTC output
- With the introduction of WHIP, FTL is slated for removal in a release after May 2024
- Redesigned the status bar
- Added option for Full-Height docks to the “Docks” menu
- Added support for Intel QSV H264, HEVC, AV1 on Linux
- Added a shader cache to improve OBS startup time on Windows
- Added application audio capture on macOS
- Added a “Safe Mode” that runs OBS without third-party plugins, scripting, and WebSockets
- When OBS detects that it was not shut down properly it will offer the user the option to launch in Safe Mode for troubleshooting purposes. It can also be manually activated via the “Help” menu.
- If you shutdown or restart your system without closing OBS first, OBS may not properly shutdown in time, and Safe Mode will be activated on the next OBS launch.
- Added a YouTube Live Control Room Panel when streaming to YouTube
- Added 10-bit capture support for Decklink devices
- Added HDR playback support for Decklink output, and several new features.
How to download OBS Studio for Windows?
You can download the OBS Studio 32-bit and 64-bit versions easily here. Just click on the download links listed below to go to the download page, where you can direct download OBS Studio for Windows 7, 10, and Windows 11 PC for free.
OBS Studio System Requirements:
OBS Studio requires the following hardware and operating system. Having a compatible system does not guarantee that it is capable of streaming or recording using OBS Studio. CPU requirements vary considerably depending on the chosen encoder, resolution, FPS and your scene complexity. Try the Tools Auto Configuration Wizard to find the appropriate settings for your hardware and settings.
The hardware required (minimum) to run the latest OBS Studio on a Windows PC are:
- A 64-bit duel core or 4-core processor like AMD FX series or Intel i5 2000-series.
- Memory: 4 GB RAM.
- Graphics: DirectX 11 capable graphics card such as GeForce GTX 900 Series, Radeon RX 400 Series, Intel HD Graphics 500.
- DirectX: Version 11.
- Storage: 600 MB available space.
The basic software requirements to run OBD Studio on a Windows PC are:
- DirectX 10.1 compatible GPU
- Windows 10, Windows 11, or newer editions of Windows 64-bit OS.
Download OBS Studio 64-bit for Windows 11, 10, 7:
Download the 64-bit version:
Get OBS Studio 27.42.4 64-bit for Windows 7:
Get OBS Studio 32-bit for Windows 7, 10
you can also download it for macOS using this link:
After reading the above paragraph about OBS Studio 64-bit, you might have come to know that OBS Studio for Windows PC is designed for capturing, editing, compositing, encoding, recording, and streaming video content, easily. Now you can download it for Windows PC using the above download links. This free software is distributed under the GNU General Public License v2 (or any later version) hence it is completely free software that does not require any license for installing and running OBS Studio. screen recorder. It is 100% safe, secure and free to download.