Audacity is a comprehensive free audio editor for Windows 10, 7 PC. It is a sophisticated and easy-to-use free audio clip editor app that allows you to edit and record audio files as a professional app does. You can install Audacity latest version on Windows 10, 8, 7, and XP computers. As it is an open-source and cross-platform application, It is also available for other popular operating systems like Mac OS X, Linux, etc. You can use this multi-tasking, features-rich audio editor as a free alternative to other professional audio editing applications. On this page, you can download Audacity for Windows 10, 8, 7, and XP 32 bit and 64 bit PC.
Audacity lets you record any sound you play on your computer, even any online media. After recording, you can edit the recorded audio using cut, copy, and paste features (with unlimited undo functionality), mix tracks, or apply differents of audio effects to your recordings and lets you export or save the edited audio to different audio formats. It can import and export WAV, AIFF, MP3, and OGG files. Audacity can be used for post-processing of all types of audio, including podcasts by adding effects such as normalization, trimming, and fading in and out.
Audacity has several advanced features like the built-in amplitude envelope editor, a frequency analysis window for audio analysis applications, a customizable spectrogram mode, in-built effects include Bass Boost, Wahwah, and Noise Removal, and it also supports VST plug-in effects. You can also install several other useful plugins to extend its functionality.
Features of Audacity:
- Multitrack Editing
- It can record live audio (from a microphone or mixer)
- Also, it records computer playback on any Windows Vista or later machine.
- Edit WAV, AIFF, FLAC, MP2, MP3 or Ogg Vorbis sound files.
- Import/export of WAV, AIFF, AU, FLAC, MP3 (via LAME encoder) Ogg Vorbis files.
- Convert tapes and records into digital recordings or CDs
- AC3, M4A/M4R (AAC), WMA and other formats supported using optional libraries
- It has several built-in advanced editing like Cut, copy, splice or mix sounds, delete commands with unlimited “Undo” and “Redo,” multitrack mixing, etc.
- Several digital effects such as change the pitch, remove background noises, alter frequencies, remove vocals, create voice-overs for podcasts, etc.
Details of the Program:
- Name: Audacity
- Developer: The Audacity Team
- License: Open Source/free
- Category: Multimedia/Audio Editor
- Supports OS: Windows 10, 8, 7 and Windows XP
- Version: 3.0.2 (Latest Version)
- Size: 28 MB
- Added On: 30 April 2021
Download Audacity for Windows:
Or Download for Mac OS
Audacity is free software, developed by a group of volunteers and distributed under the GNU General Public License (GPL). It is a free, easy-to-use, multi-track audio editor and recorder available for Windows, Mac OS X, GNU/Linux, and other operating systems. On this page, download Audacity offline setup installer latest for Windows 10, 8, 7, Vista, and Windows XP (32 bit and 64-bit), operating systems using the download link above. This is the official installer setup file and 100% safe and secure. Download this best free audio editing software and enjoy the wonderful audio editing features for free.