Audacity for Mac is a free application used to edit and record audio files on a PC. It is an easy-to-use free audio editor and recorder which is available for Mac OS X, Windows, and Linux Operating Systems. It is a multi-track, features-rich open-source audio editor. It has some sophisticated built-in features, for which it can be used as a free alternative to professional audio editing apps. Download Audacity for Mac operating system, latest Offline DMG Setup free.
Using Audacity, you can record any sound you play on your computer, even online media. After recording, you can edit the recorded audio using cut, copy, and paste features (with unlimited undo functionality), mix tracks, or apply differents of audio effects to your recordings and lets you export or save the edited audio to different audio formats. It can import and export WAV, AIFF, MP3, and OGG files. Audacity can be used for post-processing of all types of audio, including podcasts by adding effects such as normalization, trimming, and fading in and out.
Audacity has some advanced features like a built-in amplitude envelope editor, a frequency analysis window for audio analysis applications, a customizable spectrogram mode, in-built effects include Bass Boost, Wahwah, and Noise Removal, and it also supports VST plug-in effects. You can also install several other useful plugins to extend its functionality.
Features of Audacity:
- It can record live audio (from a microphone or mixer)
- Also, it records computer playback on any Windows Vista or later machine.
- Edit WAV, AIFF, FLAC, MP2, MP3 or Ogg Vorbis sound files.
- Import/export of WAV, AIFF, AU, FLAC, MP3 (via LAME encoder) Ogg Vorbis files.
- Convert tapes and records into digital recordings or CDs
- AC3, M4A/M4R (AAC), WMA and other formats supported using optional libraries
- It has several built-in advanced editing like Cut, copy, splice or mix sounds, delete commands with unlimited “Undo” and “Redo”, multitrack mixing, etc.
- Several digital effects such as change the pitch, remove background noises, alter frequencies, remove vocals, create voice-overs for podcasts, etc.
Details of the Program:
- File Name: audacity-macos-2.4.2.dmg
- Developer: The Audacity Team
- License: Open Source/free
- Category: Multimedia/Audio Editor
- Supports OS: OS X
- Version: 3.0.2 (Latest Version)
- Size: 39.6 MB
- Added on: May 1, 2021
System Requirements: Audacity is for Intel Macs running OS X 10.7 and later and macOS 10.12 Sierra, 10.13 High Sierra, and 10.14 Mojave.
Download Audacity for Mac OS
Download for Windows OS (Windows 10, 8,7 & XP)
Audacity is free software, developed by a group of volunteers and distributed under the GNU General Public License (GPL). It is a free, easy-to-use, multi-track audio editor and recorder available for Mac OS X, Windows, GNU/Linux, operating systems. On this page, you can download the latest version of Audacity for Mac OS using the download link above. This is the official installer setup file and 100% safe and secure. Download this best free audio editing software and enjoy the wonderful audio editing features for free.