The GIMP stands for GNU Image Manipulation Program. It is the most advanced FREE photo-editing application. GIMP for PC is an open-source program that is distributed freely to do all the graphics designing related tasks like retouching and editing photos, composing images, creating logos, etc. You can get the GIMP Windows installer here. The download link is listed at the bottom of this page content.
What is GIMP?
The GNU Image Manipulation Program is a cross-platform advanced free graphics designing program that is available for Windows, Mac, and Linux operating systems. It is an awesome photo editing software that provides you with sophisticated photo manipulating tools and features for free. Download the new GIMP installer setup for Windows from its official website.
It is a very helpful software for graphic designers, photographers, illustrators, or artists. It provides you with sophisticated tools to get your job done easily and quickly. Besides the high-quality image manipulation feature. This free graphics designing tool is used for producing icons, editing photos, designing graphical elements, and art for user interface components and mockups. GIMP download for free Windows.
The GIMP latest version is an easily customizable program that supports different 3rd party plugins. The plugins add different new features to the program and extend its capabilities. The latest release of GIMP for Windows is 2.10.28. It supports Windows 10, 8, and 7 computers. This GIMP installer is 100% safe, secure, and safe for your computer.
As the GIMP is an open-source image editor, you can change its source code and distribute your changes.
Features of GIMP latest version:
- It is an open-source free photo editing program. Since it is open-source, you can change its source code and distribute your changes.
- It has many standard and professional features that allow you to edit your images, create logos like a pro.
- GIMP is a highly customizable program. As it supports many third-party plugins, you can customize it according to your work environment or requirement.
- It supports several file formats like JPEG, PNG, GIF, TIFF, XPM, TGA, MPEG, PS, PDF, PCX, BMP, and many other formats and this capability can be extended using a plug-in.
- It is a cross-platform application. It can be run on different operating systems like Windows, Mac OS X (10.6 and later), Linux, etc.
- Additionally, GIMp can use as a free alternative to the popular image editor Adobe Photoshop.
How to Install GIMP on Windows:
The installation process of GIMP is quite similar to the installation of other software. First, download the GIMP latest version installer setup file using the link below. The size of the installer is approx 230 MB and so it may take a few minutes to finish the download. After download, find the setup file in the download folder. Now double click on it to install the best free photo editing software on your PC. Then click on the install button in the very next pop-up window to start the installation process. The process will take a few minutes to complete. After completion of the setup wizard, click Finish to exit the setup in the last window.
GIMP Software technical details:
- Name: GIMP – GNU Image Manipulation Program
- Developer: The GIMP Team
- License: Free (GPL)
- Category: Multimedia/Graphics Design
- Operating system: Windows 10, 8, and 7
- Version: 2.10.28 (Latest Version)
- Size: 238 MB
- Added on: 20 October 2021
Download GIMP for Windows 10, 8, 7: