Microsoft .NET Desktop Runtime 6.0 is a free, cross-platform, open-source developer platform for building many different types of applications. With .NET, you can use multiple languages, editors, and libraries to build for web, mobile, desktop, games, and IoT. Using .NET Desktop Runtime 6, you can build several types of apps. To help you build apps faster, app models are built on top of the base libraries.
You can use this desktop runtime to build web apps and services for Windows, Linux, macOS, and Docker, to build native mobile apps for iOS, Android, and more, to create native apps for Windows and macOS, or build apps that run anywhere with web technologies, to create independently deployable microservices that run on Docker containers, to develop 2D and 3D games for the most popular desktops, phones, and consoles, and many more. Download .NET Desktop Runtime 6.0 offline installer for Windows 11 and 10 PC for free.
Why Choose .NET?
There are several reasons to choose Microsoft .NET Desktop Runtime. Some of the main features of .NET are:
It helps you develop high-quality applications faster. Modern language constructs like generics, Language Integrated Query (LINQ), and asynchronous programming make developers productive.
Combined with the extensive class libraries, common APIs, multi-language support, and the powerful tooling provided by the Visual Studio family, Microsoft .NET is the most productive platform for developers.
Any app, any platform
With .NET you can target any application type running on any platform. Developers can reuse skills and code across all of them in a familiar environment. From mobile applications running on iOS, Android, and Windows, to Enterprise server applications running on Windows Server and Linux, or high-scale microservices running in the cloud, .NET provides a solution for you.
Looking for the latest .NET Framework?
You can download it here.
You can write apps in C#, F#, or Visual Basic.
- C# is a simple, modern, object-oriented, and type-safe programming language.
- F# is a cross-platform, open-source, functional programming language. It also includes object-oriented and imperative programming.
- Visual Basic is an approachable language with a simple syntax for building type-safe, object-oriented apps.
Whether you’re working in C#, F#, or Visual Basic, your code will run natively on any compatible OS.
- .NET Core is a cross-platform .NET implementation for websites, servers, and console apps on Windows, Linux, and macOS.
- Xamarin/Mono is an implementation for running apps on all the major mobile operating systems.
- .NET Framework supports websites, services, desktop apps, and more on Windows.
One consistent API
Standard is a base set of APIs that are common to all implementations.
Each implementation can also expose additional APIs that are specific to the operating systems it runs on. For example, .NET Framework is a Windows-only .NET implementation that includes APIs for accessing the Windows Registry.
You can build many types of apps. Some are cross-platform, and some target a specific OS or .NET implementation.
- Web. Build web apps and services for Windows, Linux, macOS, and Docker.
- Mobile.. Use a single codebase to build native mobile apps for iOS, Android, and Windows.
- Desktop. Create beautiful and compelling desktop apps for Windows and macOS.
- Microservices. Create independently deployable microservices that run on Docker containers.
- Game Development. Develop 2D and 3D games for the most popular desktops, phones, and consoles.
- Machine Learning. Add vision algorithms, speech processing, predictive models, and more to your apps.
- Cloud. Consume existing cloud services, or create and deploy your own.
- Internet of Things. Make IoT apps, with native support for the Raspberry Pi and other single-board computers.
- Name: .NET Desktop Runtime 6.0.16
- Version: 6.0.21
- Developer/Publisher: Microsoft
- Requirements: Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 8.1, Windows 10,
- Language: English
- License: Free
- Updated on: 23 May 2023
Download .NET Desktop Runtime 6.0 for Windows x64/x86:
The .NET Desktop Runtime enables you to run existing Windows desktop applications. This release includes the .NET Runtime; you don’t need to install it separately. Download Desktop Runtime 6.0 for Windows 32/64-Bit and Arm 64-bit through the below link:
Get .NET Desktop Runtime for Windows x64 (64-bit), Size: 54 MB
Get .NET Runtime for Windows x86 (32-bit), Size: 49.7 MB
Or Get .NET Runtime for Windows Arm64, Size: 49 MB