WordPress download is a free and open-source content management system (CMS) used to develop multipurpose websites, create blogs, etc. for individuals or businesses. WordPress is the largest content management system in the world and around 42% of websites are based on it globally, which includes hobby blogs to the biggest news sites in the world.
You can download WordPress software and upload it on your server to start developing your own website, blog, or even web application. You can also install WordPress on your computer locally using third-party apps easily. WordPress CMS application is compatible with Windows, Mac OS, and Linux. Before installing or uploading it, you can download WordPress from WordPress.org.
The latest version of WordPress Free Website Builder is 6.3. It includes more than 500 enhancements and 400 bug fixes. These key advancements are aimed at making your WordPress content-creating and site-building experience more feature-rich and intuitive.
Creating a website or blog on WordPress website builder is very easy. Anyone having some idea of web designing can create his site on the best free CMS platform. There are thousands of ready-made free and premium themes available for it. You can choose any theme from the WordPress theme gallery for your site or you can also create your own theme from scratch. WordPress supports additional plugins, you can install different types of plugins on your site for different purposes, such as to make your blog SEO friendly, to make it beautiful, to add additional functions, etc.
WordPress is simple and easily understandable. Any person having a basic knowledge of blogging can start building a website using WordPress CMS.
How to Create a website using WordPress?
If you want to create a live website on WordPress Free Website Builder, first, you have to do two things:
- Purchase a domain (web address) for your site from any popular domain registrar like Google Domains or GoDaddy, etc., and
- Secondly, you have to purchase hosting to host your CMS and your site from any web hosting providers like Bluehost or Hostinger or any other hosting providers to install the WordPress software. Hostinger is one of the best and cheapest WordPress hosting providers. You can use this Hostinger hosting link to buy a domain name or hosting service. You will get a 20% discount on your Hosting purchase if you use this link.
After installing the software, you need to connect the domain address to WordPress.
Word Press lets you create responsive and device-friendly websites, which can be loaded on any type of device such as a PC, tablet, or mobile phone. These websites are more SEO-friendly as WordPress allows you to add SEO plugins, which helps you create SEO-friendly content. Download WordPress using the official download link below.
- Category: Content Management System (CMS)/Blogging Software
- Website: wordpress.org
- Developer: Matt Mullenweg/WordPress Foundation
- License: Open-source
- Version: 6.3.1
- File size: 23.8 MB
- Updated on: September 2023